Science Fair. :)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rushlink

New
Reaction score
Hi,
I am kinda new here. I don't really know where to put this message, as it is somewhat diving related, and somewhat not.

I was wondering if anyone knew any good sicence expirements for my science fair, that i can do, when i am diving. I really would like to do something with diving for my sciencefair this year.

Can anyone suggest anything. Has anyone here done anything to do with diving with science fair here??

THANKS

~Rushlink

Are you a diver?

You can demonstrate Boyle's law and Archimedes principle fairly easily while diving.

Charles law can demonstrated fairly readily with a full scuba tank if the water is cold.

I don't know off the top of my head how you could demonstrate the other gas laws easily while diving. Henry's law could probably be done with an aquarium. Dalton's law......hmmmmm........That would be clever. If you could think of an experiment to show Dalton's law while diving you could have a winner....

R..

How about pictures of a balloon at the surface, at 33,66 and 99ft showing it contracting as it decends. You could mount it on a painted board and draw around it at the different depths for an above water display.

Welcome to the board.

herman:
How about pictures of a balloon at the surface, at 33,66 and 99ft showing it contracting as it decends. You could mount it on a painted board and draw around it at the different depths for an above water display.

Welcome to the board.

Yes, i was thinking of doing this. I was talking to my dad in the car, on the way home form shcool. :)

I was also thinking of something to do with color loss at depth.

I belive that i am only allowed to go down to 18 metres, not 30 :( But i will see what i can do.

Yes, i am a diver; however, i only have one dive logged :( I got certifyed a couple of months ago :)

I am thinking of doing something at the blue hole, as i liked it there, and it isn't that expensive to stay there either :D

anyway, thanks everyone for their feedback, and i will be looking into doing some of the expirements above :)

~Rushlink

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom