science and underwater photo video

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

martinwaller

Reaction score
As a new diver and new to ScubaBoard, I thought I should share this link to an interesting lecture I found by a scientist at the Scripps Institute. They have a video series on marine science and this is just one of them, but it has some amazing underwater pictures from around the world, even working on some Imax films.

YouTube - Adventures in Oceanography

It's sort of a long lecture, but very well done. I mentioned it in the Marine Science forum, but thought it was worth mentioning here, because it covers a lot of photography. Very inspiring to us new divers!

Newbie divers -- Martin and Justine

Also, it seems that there are a bunch of episodes in this series, which you can see on youtube or get as a podcast:

UCTV Series - University of California Television

Yes and thanks for the link to the UC site-- I have started watching some others in this video series -- there is a lot of information there and it is interesting to see what the scientists are doing. Although the "Adventures in Oceanography" has been the most fun.
I am fairly new to the internet and I am amazed how much information is out there, in places like Youtube. I am amazed more people don't take advantage of the educational lectures and videos.

all the best

Martin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom