Scalloping

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kevindive

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Love to go scalloping. I will be in Sarasota area next week and would like to go up to Homosassa/CR area to go out...but most charters only do groups of 4.

Looking for suggestions for 2....I am not the best boat operator....

thank you in advance!

I'm going out tomorrow. Will let you know after my feedback as this is my first time. I own a boat and going to explore.

I haven't been out with them, but River Safaris does semiprivate charters. It's $80 per person, but I'm sure they needs a minimum to go out. On the weekend it's probably not a problem. The upside to going out with a charter is they know where the scallops are. I went out with friends last year and it was a bust, even though we tried to follow the crowds...
Sensational Scalloping Collective - Semi-Private 6 Passenger Vessel - Homosassa - River Safaris & Gulf Charters Reservations

Thanks msbovary! I did not go scalloping, drove to West Palm Beach and dove Blue Heron Bridge for 2 days! Hopefully next time I am in the area for a bit, as I would love to try scalloping.

Thanks
Kevin

Sorry I never posted an update. The family had a blast. Once in the area of steinhatchee just go out to marker 1 and head north till you see all the boats lol.

Overall we didnt find a whole lot, as there was a lot of people out but I would definitely go again and do it all again. Well worth the time.

Thanks for the update! Glad you and the family had a great time, that is what it is all about! Hopefully when I am down in the area again and the season is open I will plan on trying to do it.
thanks folks
Kevin

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom