SB Report Card: Part 2

How friendly is ScubaBoard?

• Very friendly! Enough said.

Votes: 52 43.7%
  • Friendly enough, but it can get hostile at times. I'd like to see moderators be more proactive.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Not friendly at all. You can't post anything without being attacked.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubameg

Mermaid
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I find it very friendly, but never hostile at all. The way I walk through life is, you pick on me I pick on you, you do not like me I do not like you, you like what i say, I like what you say.

When I have human interaction I have no personality of my own, I feed on there's. I can be best of conversation. When someone is complaining about another person I complain about them to a point they get upset, just to make it clear that I could care less about there complaint. Move on and never worry about what someone say's or writes, there only words and words can never hurt you.

It can get hostile at times... but that's what makes this board so much fun to read!! And the hostility usually revolves around differing viewpoints, which tends to lead to a lot of useful information being thrown out there - which ain't a bad thing.

Overall, it's a very friendly board with an overly-helpful community. I think the moderators do a fine job at keeping the peace and dealing with the 'bad apples'.

Its a great place as long as you never mention Cave diving, Tec Diving, Bounce Diving, Spare Air, Octopus vs Octo Z's or the like ,I am sure I left a few out . I will go now like a good boy and take the poll.

Cheers
Michael

I said it was very friendly, but I'm probably more somewhere between very friendly and friendly enough. I find hostility most often arises based on misinterpretation of posts and generally resolves fairly quickly when the poster becomes aware that they've been misunderstood. In my experience, it's fairly rare when a mod has to get out a bulldozer to clean up a thread rather than just a broom, but maybe I'm just missing all the juicy threads. lol

I find this site a very friendly forum. People here is very collaborative and if someone writes a sentence with a doubtfull meaning, someone will ask and an amend is normally written.
Remember two things :
1) There is a lot of people from other countries than the US, so these people speak different languages and english is not their mother language (my case).
2) Written words are not like an in person conversation. No face look is available here and any word can be interpreted in many ways, good and bad.

How friendly is the perception of each individual user. I am a member at a number of scuba forums, some smaller and more localized, while others are larger and more specialized. What I perceive is, as a whole, Scuba Board is not the friendliest forum but they are by no means the most ‘hostile’ either.
As of today there are 201,455 members, while a couple thousand of those can be on at any one time, a number of those will feel someone is not being very friendly. It is just the way it is.
If I don’t care for the vibe on a given day, I’ll go to one of the warm and fuzzy feeling forums where I feel the love. OR I will logout and read a book.

On-line, 95% of the posters are friendly, 5% have a piece is cr@p stuck in their nose, complain it stinks, and are convinced they fart perfume.

When I actually meet some of the people for real, 100% of the time they are very friendly.

Back
Top Bottom