Say what?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darol

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_1132.JPG

IMG_1128.JPG

Or do some Pot.....:eyebrow:
IMG_1143.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1143.JPG
    IMG_1143.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 137
I saw a guy jump off the bow of a tug without jocking his DESCO pot. I also saw him picking his front teeth out of the DESCO pot.

In diving school back in the stone age, we had to buddy breathe a Jack Browne. Surprisingly easy to do.

It is interesting that the opening sequence for the Sea Hunt TV show was Mike Nelson donning an umbilical-supplied Jack Browne mask instead of a SCUBA/Aqualung rig. Sort of ironic given show's impact on the development of recreational diving.

Note to all: It is Jack Browne, with an "E" at the end. It is the inventor's name who was employed at DESCO.

I saw a guy jump off the bow of a tug without jocking his DESCO pot. I also saw him picking his front teeth out of the DESCO pot.

In diving school back in the stone age, we had to buddy breathe a Jack Browne. Surprisingly easy to do.

Same thing with Deep Sea Gear. We used to tighten the crotch strap until the diver's voice changed. I had to train in both Deep Sea and light weight (Jack Browne) in the Navy but thankfully never had to do any actual work in it.

Last edited:
It is interesting that the opening sequence for the Sea Hunt TV show was Mike Nelson donning an umbilical-supplied Jack Browne mask instead of a SCUBA/Aqualung rig. Sort of ironic given show's impact on the development of recreational diving.

Note to all: It is Jack Browne, with an "E" at the end. It is the inventor's name who was employed at DESCO.

Same thing with Deep Sea Gear. We used to tighten the crotch strap until the diver's voice changed. I had to train in both Deep Sea and light weight (Jack Browne) in the Navy but thankfully never had to do any actual work in it.
Akimbo knows his $hit, the Browne spelling is correct. Desco now calls it the Commercial Free Flow Mask, which sells for $730 plus shipping. I'am well aware of the crotch starp trick or AKA crotching the Helmet.....:eyebrow:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom