Saw this vintage dive watch onthe net

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

NAM001

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Saw this watch on the net while looking for vintage equipment. notice the bezel. its a dive table. Does anyone know anything about this watch and whether it has a split bezel like it appears. If it is a split bezel you could use it for nitrox I would really love to have one of these for a conversation piece.

My bad.... Just did some more looking on the net and it appears that these things are still being made.

VintageGear17ScubaWatch.jpg

Last edited:
As you stated these watches are still available under the DOXA "SharkHunter" various dive company's were and still do market this brand and have there respective names added to the dial face it might be a good move to contact say "Poseidon" and pick their brains if this unit would suit your requirements.

johnDOXA 1000T SHARK HUNTER.jpg

If they are still sold then I would not be interested in them for the vintage or conversation value of them. When I saw it I was looking at a page of pics of vintage stuff like horse colars, fins regs ect. and there it was with USD's logo on it.

The bezel is a single ring I believe. Standard use is to set the 12oc pip to the position of the minute hand just before decent. Then you can read off dive time directly from the bezel.

The extra markings are for depth in feet against time.
I suspect you'll find a correlation to the U.S. Navy tables if you check the depth time pairs...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom