Saw a new dive charter today.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diversity may not go out when it's rough, but that Di** has no problem waking small boats in the inlet. He can be a bit of an A**. I remember one of the bigger ops in Deerfield used to pay their Capt. a measly $50 a trip to take a boat load of divers. Me, I'll just take my boat and a couple of friends, go where we want, maybe park in Lake Boca or lunch at a waterfront restaurant on the way in be glad I never go out on the cattle boats.
I don't use the Boca inlet, but somehow it doesn't surprise me he'd do something like that, he wasn't exactly a kumbaya Capt. 20 years ago, I'm sure by now he's a proper curmudgeon, crusty old fart.
Let's face it most of the local charter Capt.'s (diving or fishing) navigate like the rest of the boats are encroaching in their waters.

Husband and I share your philosophy. Our diving is done under our conditions, underway time is when we are good and ready, stop at the location we want for as long as we want, shooting right back to the house, meandering around, or stopping wherever looks conducive to have the puppy swim.

I'm aware this way has a limitation on the places I see, just yesterday I read a report of a trip on the "Juliet" a LOB that I used twice before quite a bit ago, brought back few good memories and for a second thought about doing it again. It's sold out until 2023 so the temptation went away quickly... even with lots of deck space, 12 divers plus crew can be to many people to be around, and I remembered how by mid-cruise it was getting to me.

One thing I wish would improve is the amount of waterfront restaurants, lately we don't drive to restaurants, only go to the ones with boat docks, and feels like there could be many more.

I don't use the Boca inlet, but somehow it doesn't surprise me he'd do something like that, he wasn't exactly a kumbaya Capt. 20 years ago, I'm sure by now he's a proper curmudgeon, crusty old fart.
Let's face it most of the local charter Capt.'s (diving or fishing) navigate like the rest of the boats are encroaching in their waters.

Husband and I share your philosophy. Our diving is done under our conditions, underway time is when we are good and ready, stop at the location we want for as long as we want, shooting right back to the house, meandering around, or stopping wherever looks conducive to have the puppy swim.

I'm aware this way has a limitation on the places I see, just yesterday I read a report of a trip on the "Juliet" a LOB that I used twice before quite a bit ago, brought back few good memories and for a second thought about doing it again. It's sold out until 2023 so the temptation went away quickly... even with lots of deck space, 12 divers plus crew can be to many people to be around, and I remembered how by mid-cruise it was getting to me.

One thing I wish would improve is the amount of waterfront restaurants, lately we don't drive to restaurants, only go to the ones with boat docks, and feels like there could be many more.
Almost impossible to open a new restaurant on the water. Just not enough revenuel As far as liveaboards.... I see it as being trapped. Me, I'll take the boat to a to Bimini, Grand Bahama or the keys. I can fish and dive and then have a night life that doesn't consist of having to listen to some retired NY Cop tell me alpha male stories

Almost impossible to open a new restaurant on the water. Just not enough revenuel As far as liveaboards.... I see it as being trapped. Me, I'll take the boat to a to Bimini, Grand Bahama or the keys. I can fish and dive and then have a night life that doesn't consist of having to listen to some retired NY Cop tell me alpha male stories
So so right... I don't need much night life, a cocktail with my husband is perfectly fine.

For sure can spare the alpha male (or female) stories regardless of the background of the storyteller. Let's face it by the time we get to our age most of us have done a cool thing or 2, unless you're doing career day at the grandkid's school, keep your stories.

But how will you know how amazing I am if I don't tell you every amazing thing I've ever done?

Selfish much?

:rofl3:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom