save your J. M. Cousteau data scan dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hearsejr

Reaction score
I am close to finding out if I can make a battery conversion kits for the old J. M. Cousteau data scan dive computer. I only had one to work with so I don't want to kill by testing out my proto type batery kit on it just this minute. I will have it ready to try out in the wter by next month if everything fits and the voltage is right.
what I am working on is a cap that will fit over a lithium 3.0 vdc battery and the cap will have a risister to bring the battery voltage down to 2.5 vdc. it will be covered so the chances of it shorting out or shorting the motherboard out will be impossible if installed correctly.
I have a cast on my leg at the moment but as soon as I get the dry test done, I'll find someone to take a pool test with and then we'll see when we came try deeper water. if it works this could help us use those older computers. ofcourse mine was never used there for is like brand new, so I cann't find reason in just throwing it in the trash can.
if anyone has one that they just want to get ride of, cheaply, my email is hearsejr @ yahoo.com.
feed back is always welcomed also.
Bill

Try using a diode to drop the voltage... about a 0.7v drop... you also get free reverse polarity protection :) and it shouldn't eat your battery quite so fast!
you may be able to find a diode to drop exactly 0.5v if you hunt around! note most electronics is tollerant of a volt or more overvoltage... check the spec sheets on any IC's in the computer. see what they are rated to.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom