Question Save a dive-kit for CCR users

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
An over-the-top dive buddy had recently driven an unfathomable but compelling five hour round trip to realize at the concluding moment the cave dive would not proceed. What is your expertise and concurrence in regards to this highly provocative and yielding topic?

Dont feed the troll.

Dont feed the troll
I'm serious. What would you bring? The few problems I had were discovered setting the rig up prior to dives and involved components like HUDs, secondary displays or cells. Even if you bring extra cells, installing them five minutes before a dive isn't going to work out too well.

I'm serious. What would you bring? The few problems I had were discovered setting the rig up prior to dives and involved components like HUDs, secondary displays or cells. Even if you bring extra cells, installing them five minutes before a dive isn't going to work out too well.
Save a dive, or save a day kit?
Save a dive kit is batts for the computers/transmiters, extra cath.
Save a day kit has extra CLs(kiss), loop hoses, reg hoses, cells, lube, tools, SPGs, etc.

Save a dive, or save a day kit?
Save a dive kit is batts for the computers/transmiters, extra cath.
Save a day kit has extra CLs(kiss), loop hoses, reg hoses, cells, lube, tools, SPGs, etc.
Focusing away from the CCR specifically, that's definitely the stuff that seems to fail the most. At the dive site, it's hoses/regs/suits/computers.

I own two units and live mostly in Indonesia where there is zero CCR parts kept by an dive shop and if you do need parts then usually need to order them from the EU and wait forever for shipping and pay ridiculous import tax on them or wait for a friend coming from the EU or N. America to bring them.

So for me keeping spares on had is actually more than just save a dive/save a day, its more of save weeks and lots of headaches waiting for parts and $ on super expensive international shipping and import tax.

I have:
Multiple full sets of o-ring kits for each unit plus bags of all o-rings for unit regs/bailout regs
Multiple batteries
Flapper/mushroom valves
Scrubber scrims
Scrubber canister nut
ADV diaphragms
Full kit of each ADV parts
DSV screws
MAV spring
Loop hose
Mouth pieces
Cells
Coax to Molex adapter cable
Molex to Coax adapter cable
Solenoid
CMF
Spare blocked DS4
complete spare 1st/2nd stages
Full kit of almost every Apeks part for 1st and 2nd stages (both my units use Apeks regs and so are all my BO regs)
Full set of spare hoses HP & LP plus pretty much any kind of thread adapter that is on the market
Flow stop
OPV's
SPG's
Complete inflator
Full set of valve spare parts and bags of o-rings
All specialty tools and required to fully disassembly both units and all regs
Huge stock of Tear-Aid

Plus all the regular diving spars like, mask straps, cam-bands, backplate wing nuts, etc. etc. etc.

Basically the only thing I can not fix is any type of Petrel issue or internal electrical issue on my ECCR.

With the way the question is worded, I can only make assumptions on why the cave dive didn't happen. Call it bad conditions, cave closed while they do a body recovery, filming a movie and not open. And figuring all the gear is working perfect. To save the dive, head to a different location and dive there.

Is that provocative and yielding enough for a dumb ass question?

“Well, because he thought it was good sport. Because some men aren’t looking for anything logical, like money. They can’t be bought, bullied, reasoned or negotiated with. Some men just want to watch the world burn.”

Experienced divers (in their chosen field), know when advice is useful, ill-informed or outright dangerous. Beware those who base their argument on their own opinions and experience without first realizing yours. Always stay within the limits of your training.

When one peloton is insufficient—form a second and subdue the first.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom