Savannah

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I am thinking about moving form Denver to Savannah and was wondering what the conditions are like and if there are any good wreck dives ...

Thanks any info is good

We have a good time diving offshore Savannah. These crazy people dive all year around. We've got a few charters established now, and one is always going out. Of course weather depending.

Keep in mind there is a LOT more to diving around this area than JUST offshore. River diving is very popular and relic diving (within the law, of course!) is a great hobby. There are relics that date from the pre-historic (fossils to Native American), to the Colonial and Civil War era, all the way up to the late 1800's (bottles, ceramics, etc.). With river diving you don't need a huge boat and there's little concern with having to deal with some of the offshore issues- seas, winds, weather, .....cranky boat captains and "cattle boat" situations....

There are a number of rivers around Savannah within easy driving distance and just across the state line in South Carolina there are a whole bunch more. Did I mention Northern Florida is only a few hours South (if you want to try the Springs).

All in all a pretty good area for diving.

Yep, I just got back from an amazing dive in Florida over the weekend.

I just moved to Savannah from Oklahoma City about a month ago, and I've already figured out some of the good diving places.

We don't have "cattle" hearding on our charters in Savannah. We have a limit of 6 divers per boat, plus a divemaster, so you're not overcrowded. Can't say I've come across a cranky captain either..., not to say they don't get cranky. But I usually dive with CaptTerry of TLC Charters.

River diving is very popular in our area as well. I should have mentioned this, but I personally don't river dive.

Back
Top Bottom