Saudi Arabia

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I will be working in Al khobar and was after any tips or links to diving in the Persian Gulf?
would love to hear from anyone who has been there.

If you have a look at the Gulf section on the regional forums you should get some info, theres a couple of guys who dive Saudi regularly. And FWIW, if you are in the GCC you should refer to it as the Arabian Gulf, its a touchy subject here.

The Gulf is the main forum

Users include @Searcaigh and @Dave Bevan , Im sure others as well

Good luck!

althought, i didn't tried any of them but Dammam dive center and Bateeldiver appear on my facebook from time to time. i guess one of them is located in Dammam and the other is in AL Khobar. most people (outsiders) call that whole region as Dammam.

Dammam btw has a domestic airport but since you will be located in AL Khobar which connect Bahrain to Saudi via bridge. most people from that region, just cross the bridge and fly gulfair (international) from Bahrain.

Hi mate.

I regularly dive in Jeddah but that's a 12 hour drive from you.

I would imagine there are dive centres in damman. You will probably need a dive permit but the LDS will help with that.

Dave

I will be working in Al khobar and was after any tips or links to diving in the Persian Gulf?
would love to hear from anyone who has been there.

Take a flight to Oman or Jeddah :D

There is some decent diving in Jubail, which is about an hour from Khobar, typically wee go to Janna Island, or Juraid Island. They are a good 45 mins boot ride out of the Fanteer Marina. Diving in Bahrain is less than stellar in my book, and the costs are more expensive. Bahrain does have a nice dive shop (Scuba Master), but you will pay more for thing there, as everything in Bahrain is more. I really enjoy going to Yanbu, farside of Saudi, as the red sea is simply amazing, and the coral are beautiful as the area is not over fished.

Hello Dave and David

you are welcome to dive in Bahrain we have some nice spots such as abu luthama

and also we have nice wreck full of marine life !

you will fine many videos about diving in Bahrain but these videos don't reflect the real beauty

cheers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom