Saturday's (Oct. 10, 2009) Gabriola Island photos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice pic's as usual Marc.
I was just there (Gabriola) Wed - Fri but not diving this time. Kayaking. One day our paths will cross :) (hopefully that's a good thing).
Where did you enter at Gabriola passage? I usually dive the bays because I am unsure about the currents and always solo there. I am familiar with the cliffs, brickyard beach, the community beach (where they lauch the boats from) and the small marina on Mudge.

I go in at the end of Stalker Road next to Drumbeg Park and swim out around the point into the Pass. So far I've gone in when the current table is showing a maximum of 2 knots or less (I dive on slack of course) and I haven't had a problem. I've only been there twice though. One hazard here during slack is all the boat traffic. They wait for slack too so it can be pretty noisy underwater. Last time I was there a tug and log boom went over and it was almost deafening.

Back
Top Bottom