Saturday at Twin Lakes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
We decided to avoid the crowds elsewhere and just stay home for the weekend so we'll be at Twin Lakes this Sat. Beast thinks he'll be off work but of course that can change up to the last minute.

We talked to TPH Wed. evening and he's going....who else? We'll try to be there early to get our spot. It was really busy at the lake last Sunday so if this weekend is even close to that, places to set up will be few and far between!

I'm glad for Mike that the lake is such a success but I have to admit I miss those days last spring/summer when we were some of the few who had discovered it.

I will be there. Friend of mine may come to fish in other lake. Was great last year when was "undiscovered" but hey this is a business and customers pay the bills.

What are the conditions at the Twin Lakes 5 Star Delux Boutique Gourmet scuba park? Temp (above & below t-cline) & Vis please, anyone?

leadweight once bubbled...
What are the conditions at the Twin Lakes 5 Star Delux Boutique Gourmet scuba park? Temp (above & below t-cline) & Vis please, anyone?

:rofL: That's a great new name for the place!

Day before yesterday, Wed., the surface water temp was 84º. It dropped to 82º until about 15ft where the first T-cline started. I didn't get into it much but it was Beast says it was at 70-72º. The second T-cline is at 30ft where the temp drops to the 60º's :eek:

Vis on one of the platforms was 20ft, you could see end to end on it. Along the edges it was in the 10-12ft range. On the weekend, with the crowds, cut those numbers in half....at least.

See ya there??

Beast will off all three days so we'll be at the lake alot the next 3 days!

I'll be assisting 2 different classes (a.m. and p.m.) at Blue Lagoon on Sat/Sun, but maybe Nina and I can get out on Memorial Day. Haven't seen you guys since CCV, and I need a Mexican Food fix really bad!

L8R

I'll be there Dee. I am supposed to meet Mark. Probable max depth 15 feet.

-Ron

I know we'll be at the lake Monday but I'm not sure exactly when. By noon for sure.

We had a great day out there today. Linda J, TPH Steve, leisurom, leadweight, Emma's friend Victor...I think that was all. We made one long dive over to the bus and back. Beast is having a blast with his camera and really giving me a run for my money!

Tomorrow, Beast is welding up the new suspended platform Mike has set aside. I'll be out about 8-9am. to enjoy the day...the weather was just perfect today!

Hope to see ya Monday....Mexican sounds good!

1. You get wet.
2. Very invigorating as you cross the thermocline.
3. Don't have to rinse gear after using in fresh water.
4. Air lasts a long time in shallow water.
5. Good company.
6. Nice rack to set up tanks
7. Get to practice with compass.
8. Does not require passport or airline tickets.
9. Interesting fresh water firsh and grass.
10. You get wet.

Back
Top Bottom