Saturday 7/20, Nubble Light

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shellbird

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Meeting in parking lot around 10. Any of you New Englander's into it? I'll be there w/my LDS.

We arrived there on Friday, July 5th at about 9:00 AM, and the lot was quickly filling up!

The site was beautiful, and we'd love to go there again, but we'll be at Deerfield Beach, FL for WreckMania this weekend.

Have Fun!

Scuba-sass :)

Unfortunately can't make it Saturday -- visiting the in-laws up in ME ;-o

I am going to try and sneak a night dive in at Nubble on Friday night on the way up.....

At the LDS last night, we saw some stunning photos taken a few days ago at Nubble - Lobster, Crab, Anemone, Starfish, Flounder, and "Pout Fish" (or something like that - sort of a fish head, with pout-shaped mouth and kind of a short eel-like body, blueish-gray in color - very cool!). All shots were macro or pretty close up due to the somewhat low vis. We didn't see that much cool stuff on our trip, but we were there to learn Navigation!

Have a great time!

Originally posted by scuba-sass

The site was beautiful, and we'd love to go there again, but we'll be at Deerfield Beach, FL for WreckMania this weekend.

Have Fun!

Scubasass, meant to write that I was jealous, have a great time. Can't wait to hear about it!

Originally posted by scuba-sass
We didn't see that much cool stuff on our trip, but we were there to learn Navigation!

How did the navigation go there? I know when I did my AOW Navigation dives there, our compasses were all messed up for most of the dives. I thought it was just me, but there were others with compass issues there.

With the Instructor's compass! (See my related post here. )

My square pattern was as near-perfect as I could hope for. In about 12 foot vis - I returned to within 5 feet of the starting point!

Overall, it was a pretty basic course, and I'm not sure we really learned all that much that we didn't already know, but it was good practice. At some point, I will take an Advanced Navigation Course, I hope.

Hmm, I thought it was a pretty "safe" area for compass use - we didn't go near any large metal objects. I hear there is a large cable or pipe there, but we didn't see it. Everyone else in our group had no trouble with their compasses, and ours continued to malfuntion back at the LDS - so it wasn't the site!

Happy Diving,

The pout you described sounds like the one also commonly known around here as a conger eel.

As I mentioned, I didn't see it live, but the pics were great! Very interesting looking critter!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom