SAS wetsuit? Need help w/sizing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

freedc

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

Have you all heard of a wetsuit brand called SAS?

There is a used one on craiglist and I can't tell if it will fit me and I can't find online sizing info. I think it was purchased many years ago, even though the owner claims it's in great shape nad hasn't been used much. It's a men's large (7mm two piece) and the current owner describes herself as 5'8". I was too polite to ask her other measurements. I am 5'7" and 160 lbs. How can I find out if it's worth the risk of buying this without trying it on? The price seems right at $60. Not sure if I can get that at resale.

SAS was a popular brand in the 80's and early 90's and was owned by Body Glove at one point I believe. At this point I would ask them to take measurements of the suit on the inside ie: inseam, chest, waist, arm length etc. I'm sure the suit has shrunk LOL.
If it's to big I have a ML in my basement that I haven't used in a long time. Probably has 50 dives on it.

SAS stands for Sub Aquatic Systems. I believe they went out of business some years back. I have a two-piece wetsuit of theirs in mint condition, barely used at all. I gained some weight after I bought it and it's just too tight on me. I'd say that ideally it would fit a medium size man about 150 pounds. I'm pretty sure it was worth over $200 about 25 or 30 years ago. Anybody interested?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom