santiago de Cuba

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Sven

Reaction score
Ive dove in santiago on two separate occasions,off sierra mar hotel,1hr west of the city of santiago
diving was good,nice reef system,I believe they are called coral gardens,ie long ,high reefs on either side,sand on bottom?
fish variety was good although they all seemed a little smaller than expected ,eagle ray, some average shore snorkling,there is also a good wreck dive close by I was told.
did my first night dive,interesting experience but visability at the time was not good,
some of the equipment I rented at that time left me concerned but this may have changed,I would rate it as an average to good(cheap) dive destination

Yes, I agree. I actually did almost 10 dives there without being certified, just went through a 1 day crash course (practice only, not theory). That was probably not the smartest thing to do but it did get me interested in Scuba.

This was 5 years ago, I havent been there recently.

Back
Top Bottom