Santa Pool Party Pics 12/11/11

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dhaas

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
Santa came to visit me and some UW photography equipment customers yesterday :)

Fun was had by all with many practicing for our upcoming Philippines trip Feb. 2012!

Enjoy :)

David Haas
www.haasimages.com

Ikelite Underwater Systems, Travel and More.......

Attachments

• IMG_2323.jpg
    IMG_2323.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_2321.jpg
    IMG_2321.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_2313.jpg
    IMG_2313.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_2310.jpg
    IMG_2310.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_2304.jpg
    IMG_2304.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2278.jpg
    IMG_2278.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2274.jpg
    IMG_2274.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_2244.jpg
    IMG_2244.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2262.jpg
    IMG_2262.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_2256.jpg
    IMG_2256.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2240.jpg
    IMG_2240.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_2238.jpg
    IMG_2238.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_2236.jpg
    IMG_2236.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 48
Great shots, you never miss an exposure. :)

One thing I notice, nearly everyone of those photogs is kneeling or laying on the pool bottom. I can only imagine them carrying that forward to laying and kneeling on the reef. I think part of it should be getting a good shot--without--laying or kneeling on the bottom. Just an observation, I notice things like that. I think people generally do what they do, human nature being what it is, so I can only imagine the damage they would do if they do as they are doing there on the reef.

Merry Christmas, nice looking Santa BTW,
N

Nem,

Most of the folks who go on trips with me get the standard lecture of "Fins Up!" and DO indeed stay up off any reef. Over sand bottom, rubble, etc. I suggest people steady themselves with either a "muck stick" or finger, or finger / thumb hold on dead coral or rock, etc. BUT only if they know what the heck they're looking at!

After 41 years of diving I have read so much about techno-weenie diver's "hovering" helicopter turns, back kicking blah blah blah I want to puke :(

It's more about horizontal trim / weighting and knowing where your dang flippers are!!! LOL......(I'll probably get myself in trouble here for those comments!)

No one is perfect on all dives and if they claim so they either don't dive much or lie :)

The pool bottom didn't have anything to worry about and I'm just happy when people come take the time to PRACTICE both dive skills and use their photo gear :)

I am a zealot encouraging people taking weight OFF to make their dives as close to "inner space" swimming as possible and not just for UW photography :)

All in fun!

dhaas

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom