Santa Maria Beach resort 5/19-23 anyone going?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kwesler

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi...I will be at the resort that week...anyone going there looking for a buddy? Rescue cert since 01, 500+ dives...low key and calm!

Ken

I don’t know if you have been to the resort in the past, but the diving is pretty personal; maybe you and one other diver has been my experience (two recent trips).

I was there three weeks ago and did some very nice diving. I dive with Delbert Smith who is an independent captain/dive master. You can book him through the resort or direct with him (PM me for contact information for him if you are interested). I would recommend contacting him or the resort now and make your reservation before he gets booked up. If you don’t have a dive buddy, they have a whiteboard in the lobby where they write in booked dive times. If you want a buddy to split the cost, call or email the resort a day or two before you go and ask them to put your booked date and time on the whiteboard with a request for a dive buddy. If in the end, you don’t get a buddy, Delbert will dive with you personally anyway. I’ve dove with just him and I in the past.

The nice thing about the resort is there is stunning diving just within 10 minutes boat ride.

The MV Comberbach Wreck is there which is a purposely scuttled 102 ft open cargo freighter with its keel in 100 foot of water. The engine room has been prepared for easy penetration. Here is a video of my dive on it last month: YouTube - Scuba Diving the MV Comberbach Wreck, Bahamas

Some other nice spots near by are Barracuda Heads which is a cluster of a large coral heads that are honeycombed with swim-thru’s, ravines, etc. It is about 50 foot to the sand.

Another one of my favorite dives there is a place called Tail Heads which are two large coral formations within a short swim of each other in 60 foot of water rising to about 30 feet. One of them has a very fun swim through where you swim completely underneath the entire coral formation; it is hollowed out at the base. But you can always see the way in and out, so it’s not technical or anything…

The various coral formations have nice life on them too; they appear to be pretty pristine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom