Sanilac Preserve Weekday Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Busdiver

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I am heading out this Thursday with a group of divers to play on the Sanilac Preserve. We will be diving on the Regina and possibly another wreck. We will not be doing any deep dives (over 90 feet) on this charter. The Regina starts at 45 and goes to about 75. This will be a two tank dive.

I will be planning a few weekday charters this season. Mainly in the Sanilac Preserve, the canadian side of Lake Huron, and the canadian side of Lake Erie. Weekday charters are a blast since there is limited boat traffic and typically the charters are around 4-6 people. I will be working with 3 or 4 different charter companies so they may require a different minimum of divers. Typical cost of charters is $80.

If you have any questions about the wrecks (especially experience level, depth, etc) please ask. As most of the wrecking crew will tell you, diving these old boats transports you back into time.

Hope to see you out on the water--

Bus

Great to see some weekday diving. I haven't done much during the week, but I can imagine you would have the wrecks all to yourself. Would be a great time to get pictures and videos of the wrecks!

Post a trip report (with pics) after the trip for those who couldn't make it!

HMMM you've got me thinking!!! How full is your trip? I'm not sure just yet that I can commit but it looks very possible! I will be home from Europe with a few days off and may need to do something hyperbaric to unwind!

I believe there are five of us on the boat right now. If you are going to drive over for Thursday we could talk to everyone about A) converting it to a triple dip (that would increase the cost) and B) consider diving with Bonecrusher and I on Saturday. We will be doing 4 dives that day.

By the way pretty much all the wrecks in the preserve are currently marked. We can hit the deeper wrecks in the North and then head south.

Just an idea.

Bus

Saturday is out for me. My kid's graduation ceremony in Saturday morning. Pretty crappy planning on the school's part trapping every senior's family in town for the holiday weekend...... I'll make it over there for a couple of dips soon.

Wow that's as bad as when folks get married on holiday weekends. Rude.

Like I said I will be lining up regular mid-week charters this year. We may do a few three day specials--Friday to Sunday in the area. We can dive Canada and the preserve and even head up to harbor beach.

Great day on the water. Double dipped the Regina. Viz was about 50 feet. Water temp was 50 degrees at 70 feet. Could not ask for anything else.

Back
Top Bottom