Sandals AOW Certification

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AstridWilson

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
My quetion is. The Sandals website says its $360 for the course. Does this include the PADI online training or is that an additional fee?

he Sandals website says its $360 for the course. Does this include the PADI online training or is that an additional fee?
Seems pretty low for the complete course - knowledge, confined dives with an instructor, and open water dives. One of my local dive shops charges $350 just for the knowledge AND confined dives - the open water dives are whatever the dive op charges for them (often referred to as the "referral dives".) PADI e-learning alone is ~$220-230 depending on who/how you sign up.

Sandals may offer a special deal though. Try the following link or I would first try the Sandals number and see who they can put me through to, to answer my questions:

Seems pretty low for the complete course - knowledge, confined dives with an instructor, and open water dives.
The PADI AOW (Advanced Open Water) course does not include any confined water dives. It is 5 open water dives.

You should be able to find a direct number for the relevant resort.

The PADI AOW (Advanced Open Water) course does not include any confined water dives. It is 5 open water dives
I read the post but didn't pay attention to the title of the thread!! Hope I didn't confuse the OP. $360 might be the price for an AOW course including the e-learning, In 2016, I took the course - e-learning and 5 AOW dives (plus 6 more dives) for $300 with a Dressel Divers. Some ops (not in a Sandals location) that I quickly checked can be completed for under $400. But again, best advice is to check with Sandals.

Back
Top Bottom