San Padro Trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Taylor86

Reaction score
I had an awesome time and Aqua Dives is a great dive shop! here are a few pictures from around the island.
balizetrip84rl.jpg

balizetrip91xw.jpg

balizetrip108qj.jpg

here is my aunt playing in the water
balizetrip110jq.jpg

balizetrip124td.jpg

balizetrip132kx.jpg

When were you there. My wife and I just got back from our trip (11/19-11/26) there. We dove locally with Chuck & Robbie..then did the Turneffe Elbow trip with Amigos Del Mar. Did you stay north of the cut? Around Belizian Shores?

I was there 11/20-27 diving with Amigos Del mar. May have seen you there

My wife, sister and I did the Turneffe trip on the 24th with them. We had Edgar as our dive master.

wow i was there from 11/20-11/25

How safe and reliable was Tropic Air, for the flight to Ambergris Cay? (I saw their terminal shack in background of your first photo.) Considering price, convenience, safety and reliability; would you recommend going by Tropic Air or by boat from the harbor? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

We consider Tropic as a good example of how a small airline should be run. They're pleasant, helpful, and within the bounds of safety are very flexible. Their safety record is good but not impeccable, but that is also true of the other operator here (Maya Island). Mostly related to pilot/operator error, not aircraft maintenance, like underestimating the strength of a squall. Their aircraft are mostly Cessa 208 Caravans, single engine aircraft with remarkable performance and carrying capacity. I'd fly with them any day - in fact I do.

peterbj7:
We consider Tropic as a good example of how a small airline should be run. They're pleasant, helpful, and within the bounds of safety are very flexible. Their safety record is good but not impeccable, but that is also true of the other operator here (Maya Island). Mostly related to pilot/operator error, not aircraft maintenance, like underestimating the strength of a squall. Their aircraft are mostly Cessa 208 Caravans, single engine aircraft with remarkable performance and carrying capacity. I'd fly with them any day - in fact I do.

Thank you. I will book flights on Tropic Air for the final access legs of my scheduled trip to Ambergris Cay this month.

Maya Island is just as good and currently has a 50% offer if you pay in cash.

We have flown several times with Tropic Air. I think Tropic Air is a well run operation and is definitely a better choice than riding a boat for an hour.

Once, our group had way too much luggage for the Cessna Caravan so they sent a special plane to follow us to San Pedro with some of the luggage. There are enough flights each day that they can sort of balance the loads for safety.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom