San Juan Islands - October

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubakat

Reaction score
My friend Michele has organized a fantastic weekend of diving in the San Jaun Islands for the last weekend of October. Two (and possibly three) tank dives will be available on Friday night, Saturday morning + afternoon, and Sunday morning.

I think that even Non-divers will enjoy this island getaway! Let me know if I can answer any questions! I can send you a sign up sheet via email if you are interested.

-kate

-------------------------------------------------
What: Dive the San Juan Islands !

When: Friday and/or Saturday and/or Sunday
October 26, 27, 28.

Where: Stay at Bartwood Lodge, Orcas Island.
http://www.orcasisland.com/bartwood/

How: With Captain Ron Kenny, Island Dive and Water Sports
http://www.divesanjuan.com

Who: MBDA Dive Planning Contact: Michele S.
msainte1@home.com

EVERYONE! We have a great dive trip planned and hope to have you join in on the fun ! Hopefully the following information and options will pique your curiosity and you won’t be able to resist this dive weekend. A few of the reasons you won’t want to miss it are:

1. It’s in our own backyard, easily accessible, yet
adventuresome!

2. You will experience some of the best of WA and
NW Diving!

3. We may well make it just under-the-wire for Indian
Summer!

4. Saturday embraces an extra dive hour due to daylight
savings!

5. You can select dives, which best fit your schedule!

6. You can select accommodations, which best fit your
budget!

7. You will meet wonderful people and interesting divers!

8. And - it’s gonna be a lot of good diving, digs,
people, food, fun!

[ Charter ]
The charter was chosen because of that Owner’s willingness to be flexible and work with us to experience the best “all level” dives. Due to the local currents this really means that you should be at an intermediate level if possible.

Ron Kenny, the Captain, has history as a hard-hat Navy Diver, among other specialties. He began his dream to show people the best of the northwest a few years ago when he and his wife opened Island Dive and Water Sports, located at Rosario Resort. His two dive boats, the Island Diver I, and II, will very comfortably serve about 30 divers total. Each are equipped with interior dry area, head, hot water, rinse barrel and dive platform. Included in the dive cost are hot and cold snacks, drinking water, between-dive air fills (Island Diver II only) and you may choose to use onboard aluminum 80’s, or to bring your own tank(s). A group of six of us dove with Ron last weekend aboard the Island Diver II and I can assure you it was a real treat – a lot of fun with wonderful dives, spectacular scenery, wildlife, and great company! I can’t wait to dive with Ron again!

[ Accommodations ]
In efforts to find a special place for our group and one in line with even the most stringent budget, the Bartwood Lodge has graciously extended their invitation to accommodate us exclusively for our dive trip on last weekend of October. We have the whole lodge to ourselves! As I stayed at the lodge on our trip last weekend, I can also assure you that the rooms are very clean and comfortable, and the management is friendly. It’s located on the water, in a very lovely setting, about five minutes from the scenic town of Eastsound and about fifteen minutes from Island Dive’s dock. Pets are allowed in some rooms.

[whine] I wanna go!!!! When I lived in PDX, I heard such nice things about Orcas Island. And that was before I even knew about diving in the area.

I'd love to go and get back to some good beer, good food (incl. chinese), friends, and diving!

Would 7 mils be enough exposure protection?

Hey TM! Ya a 7mm farmer john plus jacket would be ok. Of course you will need a hood + gloves too. I've seen people wear as little as 5mm one-piece, but I sure wouldn't do it, and you probably would not last for more than a few dives. I myself wear a stunningly bright yellow drysuit :).
That would be sooo cool if you could get here!

-kate

More wishful thinking this year....but perhaps next year. Plus this is the weekend of the Swamp Divers Halloween dive (which I'm "hosting").

And I would be in my 5/4/3 with a 2mil hooded vest, unless I snag a deal on a dry suit. (Saw something on ebay that I'm investigating).

Remind me....Tri-lam Dry suits are the "windbreaker" style suits, right?

Back
Top Bottom