San Juan diving from cruise ship

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wants2divemore

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Does anyone have any experience with Scuba Dogs or Aqua Adventures, dive shops at the Escambron Marine Park? I'm going to be stopping in San Juan, Puerto Rico on June 28th while on a cruise, and it looks like they're the only options close to the port. They both have good reviews on Trip Advisor and Yelp, but I trust SB members more.

Thanks,
Adam

I used Scuba Dogs a few years back. They were easy to work with. I emailed them a few days before and they had a DM meet me at the agreed upon time and we did a nice shore dive.

They were a little slow (but not unreasonable) gathering the rental gear. If you are in a rush you might want to send them your sizes in advance and see if they can have it ready

Did you end up diving Escambron? I'll be sailing into San Juan again for 2 back to back cruises in August.

I was told there isn't much to see at that site so I'm wondering if I should bother diving there or just head over to the Condado Laguna and just snorkel there and hope to see manatees again.

Did you end up diving Escambron? I'll be sailing into San Juan again for 2 back to back cruises in August.

I was told there isn't much to see at that site so I'm wondering if I should bother diving there or just head over to the Condado Laguna and just snorkel there and hope to see manatees again.
Sorry for the late reply.

I did dive at Escambron with Scuba Dogs. Scuba Dogs was a good operation, rental equipment was fine, DM was good and took us on a nice tour, but not much to see on the dive (deepest we went was 24'). It was a good opportunity to dive with my 13 & 14-year-old sons and we had a good time.

Back
Top Bottom