San Diego Charter Boat Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jmcgilroy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello, I'm researching a dive trip for 6-8 to wreck alley and looking for a review or two of the San Diego boats. So far, I've come up with Waterhorse Charters and Marissa Charters...there may be more? Both seem to get good TripAdvisor reviews. Does anyone have any input of these or other recommendation? Thanks,

Jim

Both are excellent boats. Waterhorse now has two boats, there main Newton and a 6 pack. Waterhorse is the only one that runs to Los Coronados, which is a great dive site. Marissa caters to tech divers more frequently, so will go to some more exotic local sites. Both will hit the local highlights with regularity. Horizon is out of San Diego too but they don’t do local trips, or at least very seldom do so. Happy to answer any direct questions about the boats, but you can’t go wrong with either of them.

I just dived with Marissa Charters for the first time and was quite impressed; I've also heard nothing but positive things about Waterhorse.

Both great choices. There have been a few other boats in the past but they are gone (Louis Ann, D&D 2, and probably others as well). Got an announcement that Waterhorse is adding a 3rd boat (sail).

I've done both boats (not the new 6-pack from waterhorse yet) and both are great operations. I like the Marissa, it's a just right size for me.

Wow @broncobowsher your post brought back some memories from the cobwebs regarding Dive Connections and their 3 boats, Zero Gravity, DnD II, and Kelp Connection. I dived with them a few times in 2007 and 2008. There are some really interesting stories about that operator, perhaps some still findable.

Undercurrent February 2010

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom