San Diego blue water shark diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Michael Kazma

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Ocean Explorers (Ocean Explorers) is now providing one day Blue water shark trips out of Mission Bay. The trips are non cage dives and are specifically looking for Blue sharks and Makos. The price of the trip is only $130. All snorkel/free dive with the sharks 1st and if they cooperate one scuba diver joins the snorkelers at a time (CCR divers are allowed in the water throughout).

These are amazing trips and provide outstanding shark encounters. For more information visit www.sdoceanexplorers or email mike@sdoceanexplorers.com

Here are a few photos from the last trip:
IMG_5271copy.jpg

IMG_5300C.jpg

IMG_5258copy.jpg

IMG_5261copy.jpg

michaelandshark.jpg

how do you get the sharks to stick around? and that blue looks a little close to that guy in the last picture....

We use chum to attract them. The key is to use enough chum as to keep them interested. We also freed them a little squid if they are not interested enough. But too much food and they will get their feed and leave. Another issue is not to have too large chunks of chum coming off as it will sink too much and they will stay too deep to see.

The Blue sharks are very inquisitive. They will swim right up to a diver to investigate them. We just place our hands on their nose as not to allow them to get too close.

man thats crazy awesome! are you connected to a harness?

No harness. If there is a current then a drift line will be set off the boat to hold onto. Also, if you wish while you are scuba diving you we can set a drip line for you to hang on.

sounds great

Ah, so you're who Danny accidentally gave away our Feb 26th charter to.
Why yes, yes it was. Did you guys reschedule? I tried to change it to the 27th but 4 of the people on the trip are flying out on the 27th.

We're pretty booked up for Feb and Mar, so no, not yet. Sucks. Thanks for trying to change it. Would be nice if Danny had a better reservation system in place...I booked the date in early Dec...

We're pretty booked up for Feb and Mar, so no, not yet. Sucks. Thanks for trying to change it. Would be nice if Danny had a better reservation system in place...I booked the date in early Dec...

Dont let him reserve March 26th for you as I did yesterday :wink:

Back
Top Bottom