Same brand as buddy or not?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Angel Torres

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So I'm in the market for two computers, one for my girlfriend and I. I found her a oceanic veo 250 nothing for myself as of yet, still looking. I have my eye on an atomic cobalt 2 but still haven't pulled the trigger. My question is should I stay with the same brand or can I venture out to different brands than what she has and still be safe?

I'd just grab another veo 250 and call it good. It will match your buddy and you will have plenty of time to decide which, if any, other computer would be a better match for your diving in the future.

Bob

matching algorithms is a good idea. oceanic dsat works fine if you don't have the budget for shearwater.

Honestly, it doesn’t matter. Just dive to the more conservative computer. I have a Perdix with a Veo 2 backup and my partner has a Suunto with a Suunto backup. Dive buddies i get paired up with have all different sorts of computers. Get the one you like that you can afford that you like the algorithm and interface for. Having the same computer might come in handy if one person can’t remember how to set or do something and the other person can remind or explain but I suggest being comfortable with that before actually diving.

Back
Top Bottom