Salvo smart charger ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

down4fun

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Ok please don't laugh. I just bought my first can light and it is a Salvo 21wt HID. It arrived today and is in working order. I want to charge the battery for a night dive tomorrow. It would appear, that you simply plug the charger into the wall and the battery into the charger. Is that correct? There were no instruction on the charger included. I went to Salvo's site but coul not find anything on the charger. There is a second little set of wires with what looks like a plug, also red and black like the main wires...what is that for? And while I am at it, how do I know if it should be set at 0.7A or 1.4A

thanks
kim

There is a second little set of wires with what looks like a plug, also red and black like the main wires...what is that for?

okay figured that one out with a little more research it is a temperature sensor:wink:
but you have to add the sensor to the battery pack yourself?

You can give the Salvo guys a call, they're more than happy to answer specific questions (and they won't get huffy about your light being used or a hand-me-down or anything).
Salvo Diving Equipment - Home

I'd also recommend doing a burn test to see how much battery life is really remaining. It's best not to run the light to the point where it shuts off itself.

Hi,

sorry, but is not required for manufacturer in US to get the instructions with the product?

Michael

Hi,

sorry, but is not required for manufacturer in US to get the instructions with the product?

Michael

I bougth the light used and the charger came with it. So somewhere I am guessingthe original owner has/had instructions but did not ship them to me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom