Salvo Havoc 35w HID?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DarkAbyss

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi!

One of the guys in my local scuba club is selling his Salvo Havoc 35w HID for what I think is a good price.
I've been trying to read about this particular brand and model, but it's hard to find any decent reviews.
What most people seem to agree about, is the build quality - which is (according to my online research) fairly good.

The only thing that worries me, is availability of spare parts. I've also read that the Salvo torches are "almost" identical to some of Halcyon's models?
If so, are some of the parts interchangeable? I don't want to buy a torch that I just have to toss in the garbage if something breaks, just because it's a discontinued product.
Otherwise, I will have to get a brand new one from another manufacturer.

Any help is highly appreciated! Thanks!

Light monkey can service your salvo light if needed.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Thank you. I guess I'll have to make up my mind about buying it after tomorrow's night dive :)

To be clearer, the guys who worked at Salvo started Light Monkey and offer some of the best service in the industry.

We have 2 21watt HID Salvo's and see no reason to upgrade to anything new as the lights work excellently.

Thanks again, guys. Using the Salvo torch tonight will probably help me decide:) Good to know that there will be no issues when it comes to Light Monkey and their service!

Yesterday I had the opportunity to put the Salvo 35w HID to the test during conditions with visibility ranging from 3 to 5 meters. The torch itself is working good, but there are some minor scratches in the reflector. In addition, I don't know how old the bulb is, and I find the canister itself to be a little bit too big. Conclusion: I'm not going to buy it. I will be looking at both HIDs and LEDs (hopefully trying them) before making a decision.

Back
Top Bottom