Salvo 21W HID - take times to strike

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Safety Stop

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Yesterday evening, I was setting up my gear and for some reasons, my Salvo 21W HID didn't strike when I switch it on (for my test before getting into the water) but after a few seconds (10 to 20 ich), it`s striked. Same thing happened when I hit the water. So, what could it be the problem? Globe? Switch? Ballast?

I did the test at home and when i turned it on, didn't strike. So after a few time switching on and off, it striked. So my guess it's the switch. So, where can i get one???

Your thoughts...

I did a test last night so I was able to strike it. I decided to unplug the battery instead of switching off it and plugged it again after to see if it's the switch or something else. Since than, it's totally dead :-( Is not looking good and I'm waiting about Corey`s email :-(

Last edited:
After a surgery of the light and a few test, the problem is the ballast so is anybody know where I can find a ballast for my type of light?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom