Salt Cay Trip Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tim Ingersoll

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Recently returned from trip to Salt Cay 1/4/13-1/11/13. It was the annual boys dive trip. The travel was easy. We flew into Providenciales and then flew on to Salt cay with Caicos Express. It was a twenty minute flight in a ten seat Cessna. I had the pleasure of occuying the co-pilot's seat on the way over. We were met at the airport and driven to the home we had rented for the week. I highly recommend the rental. Its called Halfway House and is a beautiful three bedroom villa with all the modern amenities including satellite, wifi, etc. The owner is an antique dealer and the house is filled with period antiques. The house faces the Caicos Passage and is well situated to be cooled by the trade winds while offering a view of the whales passing by in season. The road side of the house faces the salt ponds. We rented a golf cart for the week. Would recommend this.
We dove with Salt cay Divers. We had the boat to ourselves every day but one. The divemasters Richard and craig were excellent. I would rate the diving as average Caribbean diving. We heard whales once under water but were too early to see them.
We had a meal plan with Debbie (who also conveniently runs a restaurant). I would very much recommend the meal plan. We got three decent squares a day for a decent price. If you want to cook for yourself you better bring it with you. There's not much in the way of stores on the island.
You must go to North beach if you go. This beach was by far the best beach I have ever seen. It is also deserted. We went every day and never saw anyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom