Saipan Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ray_W

New
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I'm moving to Saipan next month and want to get the low down on dive centers, clubs, instructors, where the locals dive, best way to find dive buddies, etc. AOWD with 60+ dives. Thanks!

Not that it will ever apply to me, but I am curious what people say on this. I dove as a tourist on relatively nearby Guam a few times and I think I was literally paying 3X what the locals pay for an unguided boat dive via clubs. I am sure liability and labor costs related to the guide were part of this, but absolute cost and the price differential relative to locals did bug me a bit (especially given the diving was just OK).

I was in Saipan in October 2018 a week before typhoon Yutu hit. There was a lot of WWII debris still scattered in the shallows after over 70 years. I stayed in Garapan and dove with Sydney Takahashi at Fishguyz. He is a terrific DM.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom