Saint Croix Cane Bay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BrackaFish

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
A few pics from a dive at Cane Bay today

upload_2021-8-4_20-42-58.jpeg

upload_2021-8-4_20-45-8.jpeg

upload_2021-8-4_20-46-38.jpeg

Glad to see one of those structures for producing more coral. Did you shore dive or boat dive there? My one shore dive there years ago, the swim out was very long...but it was a good dive with nice reef.

Glad to see one of those structures for producing more coral. Did you shore dive or boat dive there? My one shore dive there years ago, the swim out was very long...but it was a good dive with nice reef.

Shore dive. Straight swim out from Sweet Bottom Dive shop. Was maybe 250-300 yards to buoy in about 25 feet of water where the coral nursery was sitting. Maybe another 40 or so yards to the wall. Lots of markers around on various coral heads indicating some sort of research going on.

Sweet Bottom Dive Shop - were you by chance at Carambola Beach Resort and diving at Davis Bay? I ask because when I was in St. Croix a few years back, that's where Sweet Bottom Dive Shop was, and Cane Bay Scuba had a location at Cane Bay, but things change. The swim out at Davis Bay was long...but not as long as Cane Bay!

I was very impressed with the customer service at Sweet Bottom; best I think I've ever had in a dive op., and that's saying something.

Sweet Bottom Dive Shop - were you by chance at Carambola Beach Resort and diving at Davis Bay? I ask because when I was in St. Croix a few years back, that's where Sweet Bottom Dive Shop was, and Cane Bay Scuba had a location at Cane Bay, but things change. The swim out at Davis Bay was long...but not as long as Cane Bay!

I was very impressed with the customer service at Sweet Bottom; best I think I've ever had in a dive op., and that's saying something.

I had to laugh when reading your query because we first drove out to Carambola Resort looking for Sweet Bottom Dive Shop only to be told it had moved. Located the new shop and talked with the owners. They said that the back to back hurricanes had torn up the island pretty good including the resort and shop. The resort rebuilt the resort but the shop was not in any shape to be used and so they moved to the new place. The customer service seems to be top notch so it sounds like that has not changed. Oddly enough, Cane Bay Scuba is located at the pier.

I had to laugh when reading your query because we first drove out to Carambola Resort looking for Sweet Bottom Dive Shop only to be told it had moved. Located the new shop and talked with the owners. They said that the back to back hurricanes had torn up the island pretty good including the resort and shop. The resort rebuilt the resort but the shop was not in any shape to be used and so they moved to the new place. The customer service seems to be top notch so it sounds like that has not changed. Oddly enough, Cane Bay Scuba is located at the pier.

Yes, we just returned from a week of diving with the Cane Bay shop and we were a little confused at first when we realized the shop was actually in F'sted now. Good experience with them, btw.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom