Sail/dive Liveaboard

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tim Ingersoll

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm looking or a dive/sail vacation similar to the one I took in Palau. Sam's Tours Palau Does anyone know of a similar operation elsewhere in the Pacific?

We did the same trip to Palau on the Eclipse in 2000. I haven't seen anything very similar to that.

Last year we went to Vava'u Tonga and bareboat chartered a sailboat from The Moorings. They can also provide captain/crew for the boat if you want. Sailing conditions are really great. Lots of islands close together, with tons of variety. Some really great snorkling, too.

We dove with Dive Vava'u (the best dive operators/guides I've ever seen). They'd pick us up from the sailboat, take us diving, and then drop us back at our boat. The diving was less breathtaking and frequent than on Eclipse, but it was still excellent. And swimming with whales was unbeatable.

Thanks for the tip.

Back
Top Bottom