Sagauro Lake, Arizona - Wreck diving??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

phxcamera

Reaction score
Hiya Folks,

Just finished my AOW cert dives at Lake "Not-so" Pleasant, Arizona. Water temp was 50 degrees, with viz at 5-6 feet. Being a glutton for punishment, I am interested in any info on other Phoenix area diving opportunities...

My instructor and I were speaking with a Sheriff at Lk. Pleasant, who mentioned that Sagauro Lake actually has some "wrecks" (planes, helicopter, etc.). He didn't have any specifics though, so I am searching to see if any of these "wrecks" could be a viable dive objective.

Was wondering if perhaps Fishkiller, or any other AZ divers out there might have any information as to the feasibility of wreck diving in Sagauro Lake, or any other interesting sites out there.

Thanks in advance!
phxcamera

phxcamera:
Hiya Folks,

My instructor and I were speaking with a Sheriff at Lk. Pleasant, who mentioned that Sagauro Lake actually has some "wrecks" (planes, helicopter, etc.). He didn't have any specifics though, so I am searching to see if any of these "wrecks" could be a viable dive objective.

Was wondering if perhaps Fishkiller, or any other AZ divers out there might have any information as to the feasibility of wreck diving in Sagauro Lake, or any other interesting sites out there.

Thanks in advance!
phxcamera

The information I have pertains to the School bus that is located at 90' but due to the age would not recomend any dives. The Helicopter is in about 40 feet, havn't heard of the status of late but the only way to get to it besides a LONG swim is a boat...I was told that they only use these for Sheriff Rescue Training

yes those are used for sheriff training, i've dove them there is also a car & a speed boat that they have used, good luck finding them

Fishkiller:
The information I have pertains to the School bus that is located at 90' but due to the age would not recomend any dives. The Helicopter is in about 40 feet, havn't heard of the status of late but the only way to get to it besides a LONG swim is a boat...I was told that they only use these for Sheriff Rescue Training

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom