Safety Stop Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TudorMatt

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a Data Mask and if I am doing a shallow dive and I dive below 30 feet and come up over some coral or something above 20 feet my computer goes into safety stop mode and I loose all of my ATR and NDC info. It is really annoying is there a way to change when my computer prompts for a safety stop. My last dive my comps says I made like 6 safety stops :11: Any help would be great!

Matt

I believe you can set the safety stop depth anywhere you want. by default, it is set at 15 ft and the warning starts at 15 - 5 ft (or 20 ft). You can also turn the safety stop off completely. DL the manual from Oceanic and the info is in there.

At least for recreational diving, realistically, if you are at safety stop depth, ATR and Nodeco time should be a non-issue at that point. Maybe I'm oversimplifying it, but you shouldnt be that close to limits once you are that point in the dive.

When doing shallow reef diving (most of the dive is above 30ft) I don't bother with a SS, so IMO turn it off. Just remember to turn it back on when doing deeper dives... or not. It just means you need to remember to do a safety stop and your computer won't count it down, or tell you about it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom