Safety Sausages....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2O Gal

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
...so I'm sitting in a restaurant with some friends recounting a story about a recent liveaboard adventure...it was a drift dive in the Exumas called the Washing Machine and it has some strange hydraulic action....I get stuck in one of the hydraulics and by the time I managed to extricate myself I was separated from the group. The dive master, who happened to be a cute young guy, saw my difficulties and hung out until I got out of the spin and rinse cycle, and since we couldn't find the rest of the group we just completed the dive with the two of us, and surfaced at the planned time about 1/4 mile away from the rest of the group. My friends who were non-divers, after finishing accusing me of doing it on purpose to spend some time alone with this young hottie (even though I'm old enough to be his mother) were aghast at the thought of me being lost at sea. Not to worry, I assured them, I have this thing called a safety sausage. You blow it 'til it's hard and stiff, and it's about six feet long...it's orange on one side and yellow on the other-one guy chimes in with "depending on how often you wash it"....you wave it around and someone comes and saves you...you can even blow it underwater but you have to take the regulator out of your mouth first....it went downhill from there until we were asked to leave because we were making too much noise.....

Back
Top Bottom