Safe to travel to Songkhla and Pattani from Hat Yai?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's perfectly safe. We do it several times per year when we dive Losin or Lipe. (Last month at Losin, for example.) Next month we will do a trip starting from Satun (Koh Lipe) to Phuket. We will fly in to Hat Yai and get a van to Pak Bara harbor in Satun.

No worries.

It's perfectly safe. We do it several times per year when we dive Losin or Lipe. (Last month at Losin, for example.) Next month we will do a trip starting from Satun (Koh Lipe) to Phuket. We will fly in to Hat Yai and get a van to Pak Bara harbor in Satun.

No worries.
Cheers.

Hat Yai, Pattani, Phatthalung, Trang and the Gua Kelam cave just over in Perlis Malaysia with a side trip to Koh Lipe for couple of days.
Yala? May be.
No gear except dc and mask.

Just to add to this, I’ve been riding my bike across and around these areas for years and it’s as safe as anywhere.

Really, don’t worry about it and enjoy your trip!

Just to add to this, I’ve been riding my bike across and around these areas for years and it’s as safe as anywhere.

Really, don’t worry about it and enjoy your trip!
I came back from a week of diving in Koh Lanta recently and actually was thinking to extend my stay in the Kingdom but the weather forecast on the East coast was pretty lousy. I am glad I did not go to visit those places(the latest flooding/storm). But there will be other times.
Thank you for the assuring words on the area.

8 days to cover Hat Yai, Songkhla, Pattani and Phatthalung from Phuket in July.
Narathiwat is too far and might add Nakhon Sri Thammmarat if I have more time.

Any comment is welcome?

HKG/HKT return is US$150.00 in June.
This is going to be a 12 days trip to cover 6 places.

By land
Hat Yai is a district in Song Khla, but if you are going to Song Khla Town (another district) it is very safe to do so.
Hat Yai to Pattani can access via public transportation or rental vehicles, but I wouldn't stray off main road after dark; also do expect military check points along the way.

Off to HKT in few days time.
Hat Yai, Pattani, Narathiwat, Songkhla, Phatthalung and Trang. The other places will have to wait for the next trip.

NOT a language I can handle with confidence,

Gone for a walk early in the morning to beat the heat in down town Hat Yai and noticed the locals were offering Alms to the passing monk. And in the market both monks and bhikkuni were waiting patiently for the Alms.
A lot of Malaysian tourists, old and young, were in the market shopping for breakfast. I had mine as well.
Chinese has big influence in Hat Yai as I had only came across Han Chines temples around the train station. Yet to come across anyone on Hijab or mosque in Hat Yai.

Pattani will be completely different.

Back
Top Bottom