SAC (Recorded) is zero in Android client

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

smorloc

New
Reaction score
Howdy. In the Android client, the field "SAC (Recorded)" is always zero. I can see the instantaneous SAC when I click a time on the graph. What is this field & why is it zero? Is there somewhere in the client to see the average SAC for the dive? My Perdix AI displays the average SAC however I can't seem to find it in the client.

I have 160 dives downloaded (uploaded?) to the Shearwater Cloud since February, 2020. These were all downloaded from a Teric (v16, 17, 18) to Windows Cloud (last version, 2.6.x). At that time, everything was working on the Windows desktop, and on tablet and phone.

I upgraded my Teric to v19 and my Windows Cloud to 2.7.1. After the changes, the Windows desktop no longer displays the calculated SAC, but accurately gives start pressure, end pressure, and gas used. It displays the SAC as 0. Some of the dive graphics still display SAC during the dive, while others have a flat line at 0. The tablet has the same errors my laptop has. Interestingly, the phone displays the calculated SAC and a normal SAC graph for every dive.

I sent an email to Shearwater a week ago, now, with 2 follow up messages. Uncharacteristically, I have not heard back yet. I hope to hear back from them this week.

I wonder how many others have had similar problems, thought maybe I was alone until @smorloc posted

Thanks for the confirmation! If you hear back from Shearwater, please share what they say.

I have 160 dives downloaded (uploaded?) to the Shearwater Cloud since February, 2020. These were all downloaded from a Teric (v16, 17, 18) to Windows Cloud (last version, 2.6.x). At that time, everything was working on the Windows desktop, and on tablet and phone.

I upgraded my Teric to v19 and my Windows Cloud to 2.7.1. After the changes, the Windows desktop no longer displays the calculated SAC, but accurately gives start pressure, end pressure, and gas used. It displays the SAC as 0. Some of the dive graphics still display SAC during the dive, while others have a flat line at 0. The tablet has the same errors my laptop has. Interestingly, the phone displays the calculated SAC and a normal SAC graph for every dive.

I sent an email to Shearwater a week ago, now, with 2 follow up messages. Uncharacteristically, I have not heard back yet. I hope to hear back from them this week.

I wonder how many others have had similar problems, thought maybe I was alone until @smorloc posted

Howdy. In the Android client, the field "SAC (Recorded)" is always zero. I can see the instantaneous SAC when I click a time on the graph. What is this field & why is it zero? Is there somewhere in the client to see the average SAC for the dive? My Perdix AI displays the average SAC however I can't seem to find it in the client.

@smorloc @Dive69

I heard back from a Shearwater software engineer regarding the SAC (Recorded) of zero:

...We have investigated the issue with SAC and we have found that it's a problem displaying the results, but the results are recorded successfully. This issue will be fixed in the next release, which we are actively working on. We'll release it as soon as possible...

So, I'm waiting for the next release :). In the meantime, I can get the dive SAC from the onboard log on my Teric.

i am having the same issue but via iphone. teric v19, shearwater cloud app v2.7.1.
guess we have to wait for the a new update to fix the issue.
i see it as a cloud issue being that all of my sac info from all my previous dives are also missing.

i am having the same issue but via iphone. teric v19, shearwater cloud app v2.7.1.
guess we have to wait for the a new update to fix the issue.
i see it as a cloud issue being that all of my sac info from all my previous dives are also missing.
I imported some dives from my Teric (V19) to SW Cloud (V2.7.1) on my iPhone 11 Pro (V14.7.1) a few weeks ago and they display SAC in the SW Cloud iOS app on my phone just fine.

However, I don't use the SW app on my PC, so no idea if it would transfer correctly to the desktop app.

Maybe I will do a test dive this week to see if the info now shows up being that I just updated the Teric to v19 yesterday. Go pool diving :)
I imported some dives from my Teric (V19) to SW Cloud (V2.7.1) on my iPhone 11 Pro (V14.7.1) a few weeks ago and they display SAC in the SW Cloud iOS app on my phone just fine.

However, I don't use the SW app on my PC, so no idea if it would transfer correctly to the desktop app.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom