Saba Trip 2011

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

coprios

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just returned from one week of diving on the island of Saba. A shout out to Sea Saba dive center and the staff at Julianna's. All of the staff at the dive center; Kelly, Darlene, Peddy, Aaron, and Shelly were excellent, enthusiastic and professional. They were all a truly excellent, thoughtful, and intelligent staff. The staff at Juliannas did everything possible to make our stay great. I came with a dive group from New York and all had a great time. We were lucky to attend during the 'Sea and Lear' program on the island. I would recommend visiting divers try to travel to Saba in October, as it is a great program.

Hey Coprios, what was the condition of the reef like? Is it as good as the tourist blurbs would have us believe? Any comparison to other sites?
Thanks!

Last edited:
I would say they are some of the healthiest I have seen in the Caribbean. More dramatic in some cases, then say, Cozumel or Bonaire.

Saba is definitely on the "bucket list". Thx for the heads up........

We can't wait to get back there for the "pinnacles", unfortunately when we were there the current was really ripping.

I am headed to St. Maarten on Saturday, and have a day trip planned to Saba to get in 3 dives mid week next week. (Unfortunately will be with extended family non-divers so can't stay in Saba longer.) Am hoping you can please provide some advice on dive sites. For example, I have often heard about the pinnacles. Is this a great site with things to see or is it simply a place to go to get to depth and say you've done it and then come up (akin to Belize's blue hole, which I've done). Want to make the most of the day. Thanks for any insight!

i would say the pinnacles are well worth diving. Healthy fish life in a dramatic setting! Don't miss them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom