Saba - Advice on "must-do" dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

melfox26

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Heading to Saba in late September, anyone have any advice on must-do dives while there? I'm really into the deep walls where you're flying over the abyss and also swimthroughs. Not terribly excited about 50 ft reefs with sand bottom and pretty little fish all over the place.

Thanks in advance, dive safe.

Mel

Hi Mel: Diamond Rock, Shark's Shoal, Third Encounter (The Needle) and Twilight Zone come to mind. In my 3 trips there, we didn't encounter much current. There is some surge though. Most diving is deep and beautiful. Have a great time and say "hi" to the Mike's at Saba Deep for me.

Sandra

Hey Mel - I just finished 2 1/2 days of diving in Saba on a live-aboard last week. From your description of what you like - Third Encounter is your first choice - it's a Pinnicle that starts at 90 feet and it is gorgeous.. Not a lot of profile.

Diamond Rock is a very nice dive as well.. Man O'War Schoal is right next to it. Both are large rock formations. Max depth on the two is about 28 meters and have excellent profiles.

Cheers,

Monty
www.montychandler.com

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom