S90 vs S80 - Worth Upgrading??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

khsjsilver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I currently dive with the Canon S80 with the Canon housing and I have always been satisfied with the results I've gotten. I have always wanted to add a strobe, but I like diving with a small "package" and I don't really like the added bulk. I am purely a recreational diver with no aspirations of becoming a professional underwater photog. In fact, some of the technical discussions about underwater picture taking are over my head. I guess I am more of a point and shoot guy. I just like to take good pictures of what I see.

I have read all of the posts on the new S90, but I need a little more help. Putting money aside, is upgrading from the S80 to the S90 worth it??

Thanks,

Ken

kh -- That is the question my wife keeps asking me! Were I in your position, I'd probably not upgrade until/unless the S80 gets flooded. I would, however, look into getting a strobe -- even a small one -- unless all my pics were being shot in pretty clear & sunny water. While I have been amazed at how well the S80 internal flash does (especially with the diffuser), adding a strobe just opens up so much more.

We "shoot light" and water does a very nice job of absorbing it -- so the more light we bring, really, the better the image we get.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom