S & S 350 or Ikelite 200 strobe?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jock Bradley

Reaction score
Looking to outfit my Aquatica housing with a TTL strobe. I'm considering the S&S YS350 or Ikelite 200. Seems like the Ikelite has a better charger, but that is all I see. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Jock

I've always used S&S strobes but not that model. Maybe Scorpiofish or other who have used them will come along soon.

I use the SS 200 and SS100
The Ikelite 200 has a guide #38 and the S&S 350 is 32.
The Ikelite 200 recycles in 1.6 Sec and the S&S 350 is 4 sec
The Ikelite 200 # of flashes 160 and the S&S 350 is 120.
The Ikelite 200 weight is 3.9 lbs and the S&S 350 is 4.4 lbs.
The Ikelite 200 settings: TTL, Full, ½, ¼, &1/8 and the S&S 350: TTL, Full, ½, & 1/4.

The Ikelite 200 price at B&H for strobe, synch cord, and "Quick charger" $887 and the S&S350 $999 with synch cord and "slow charger", their "quick charger" is $162 more.

Need I say more?

Just not as powerful as the Ike 200 .....but real close to the power of the S&S 300 plus all the benefits as Rooster lists above and has the same guide as the S&S 300...and its smaller and lighter... faster recharge

just a thought:wink:

What Rooster said. Man, that was easy.

I got four, at least for right now. Lot's of power, fast recharge. There's a reason it's the choice of the pros.

Thanks to everyone for your advice. Just ordered the SS200 with the works from B&H. Now I hope I'll be able to figure out how to use it...

Jock:)

Back
Top Bottom