rx100 vi or vii

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lulazz

Registered
Reaction score
Hi,
I am looking at downsizing from an a6000 in salted line housing with 90 macro to a compact
I am down to rx100 vi or vii (was considering also the canon g7x III but only because quote cheaper)
I do safari photo so 90% will be fish (and I prefere the fast moving ones)
do you know if the animal eye af is working underwater?
if yes probabily the vii is a better choice otherwise I cannot see many difference with the 6 at lease not worth 300 euro difference
will buy a salted line case again where i could use the lens from 24 to 200 without ports
thanks
lulazz

I have a Sony r100IV and I was thinking about the opposite since dimension looks pretty similar. May I ask why you wanted to do? Thanks

Hi Lulazz,

You know there's very small difference between the RX100 and A6000 in terms of overall setup size? The housing is almost the same (Nauticam)... And you have ports for macro and wide angle as well (if you want only WA, maybe the M5 is a better option)... Anyway, back to your question, the autofocus of the M7 should be better than the M6 but I can't tell since I haven't tried.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom