RX-100....Nauticam or Recsea?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JRO

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Well, I finally decided after a few weeks of agonizing to go with the RX-100 and now I'm debating the housing...pros and cons?

I'm guessing this has been covered, but I wasn't able to track it down. If you have a link, please post.

Thanks,

Jeff

the recsea is cheaper than the nauticam...

I went with the Nauticam for my Rx100.

Look at the way the controls are labeled between the two, for one thing. Also the Nauticam has the option of a LCD magnifier, which I really love.

Recsea makes a good product but when put side by side Nauticam's build quality seems a little better. They have been super reliable, non of our clients have had any issues with their housings. I love mine. Of course you want to consider a good wide angle lens and for sure a +5 or +10 diopter.

i haven't used both but i like the recsea. i read that there were issues with the rear wheel but i have had no problems with it. very compact and easy to use. however, since most wet lenses that i have found are 67mm thread, the nauticam seems to be the choice in that regard. i am not a huge fan of the 52mm and 67mm adapters that need to be mounted on the recsea.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom