Roy "Reg Doc" Gresham

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jimchris

Support your local dive center
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499

Roy_002_5x7.jpg

It is with deep sadness that we inform you Roy Gresham passed away late Friday, April 8.

Roy was an avid diver and has served the dive community for too many years to count as an expert Cylinder Inspection technician and instructor PSI-PCI. He was just as well known as the “Reg Doctor” for his expertise as a regulator repair technician.

Many of you know Roy personally through his years of support and service to PSI-PCI seeing him at shows and in classes. Many more of you have benefited from his support and expertise individually. The Reg Doctor will be deeply missed.

We will be establishing a PSI-PCI Scholarship program in his honor and memory. In lieu of flowers, PSI-PCI requests donations be made in Roy’s honor and memory to Historical Diving Society at: Donate – Historical Diving Society (mhdzn.net).

Those who have been diving in the greater Seattle area over the last few decades have probably had service work done by Roy, or those who have been PSI trained, were probably trained by him or his sons.

Up until his passing he remained very active servicing equipment, and has been a personal mentor to me over the years. His knowledge, expertise, sense of humor, and enthusiasm for diving will be greatly missed.

I was a store manager for Lighthouse Diving Center in Seattle from 1996 to 1998 and worked directly with Roy...... and also with his son Mark. Roy was an outstanding and caring individual who took tremendous pride in his work and was hands down the best Reg Doc I've ever met.

I remember getting scolded by Roy on one occasion where he saw me pressing new batteries into my Matrix puck computer with my fingers......... "Hunter, never touch those batteries with your fingers..... the oil on your fingers can compromise the connectivity and overall battery life".....

Now that's a guy that you want working on your gear!

RIP Roy...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom