Rough threading manifold??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiabloBlanco

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
I just built a new set of doubles and now one side of the manifold is hard to thread, the other side is smooth, i didnt check them prior to install? Any suggestions? lube? if so what can i use?
Thanks
J

Which threads are you speaking about? at the cylinder, at the cross over, or at the reg? If the latter, I would be swapping regs, trying plugs etc. To see if it was the valve threads or the something else.

If you're talking about the threads on the center section, I'm a little surprised that you can tell which side is sticking. Whenever I do it, I just either feel the center section smooth or sticky as a whole, and it depends on the tank alignment, band tightness, etc....to me the trickiest part is getting both sides started at the same time. I usually have to give it a couple of tries.

Back
Top Bottom