Rose Parade 2019 pix (with fish & a diver!!!)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ken Kurtis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
ROS_9994(LR6).jpg

As many of you know, I go to the Rose Parade each year, but to the end of the route. You're closer to the floats and can get some perspective and detail you may not get from TV. Plus I don't have to leave my house until 9AM since the first units don't arrive there until 10AM.

Plenty of shots in the collage (as well as a scuba diver). Click on an individual image to see it bigger, or set the whole thing to SLIDESHOW. Enjoy, and Happy New Year!!!

Rose Parade 2019 - kenkurtis

- Ken

I have always regretted not going to the parade when I lived in CA so many decades ago. I watch it every year, and remind spouse that we didn't go when we had the chance.

Loved this float, especially since we just returned from our first cruise on a Carnival ship.

Thansk for the pic!

Amazing pictures with such clarity. What camera do you use? Have always wanted to go and this year the weather looked beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

Thank you Ken for sharing the Rose Parade pictures .

It has been a number of years since we attended the parade .. Beginning in the late 1950s and for a period of about ten yeas until his passing in the mid 1960s my late cousin who lived two blocks of the parade route hosted a 'Parade party"
We arrived at his home early in the AM, parked in his or neighbors drives

We had a great breakfast buffet which all contributed watched the parade until Max said " Its time to go !"

We all went to our autos retrieved step ladders we had brought with us and in mass waked two blocks to the parade. Set up the ladders climbed up for a great unobstructed view of the parade

Afterwards we returned to his home for continuation of the buffet for several hours until traffic was reasonable and departed for our homes.

So many great memories..

Now we watch it on a wide screen TV in the comfort of our homes

Thank you again for sharing

Sam Miller, III

Back
Top Bottom