Ronnie Barker R.I.P.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Kim

Here for my friends.....
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
Ronnie Barker died yesterday at 67 years old. One of the funniest British comedians in my lifetime - think "Porridge" and of course "The Two Ronnies".

Rest in peace Ronnie - and thanks for making me laugh. :thumb:

Hey Kim,

Saw a little piece about him on BBC World earlier today, looked like a wonderful comedian and a a great person.
He'll be missed by all.

Don't think I've seen any of his work although they were a lot of old British comedies on public tv when I was younger.

If you ever get the chance to see some of "Porridge" do it. He played an older guy in jail....too funny! He was supposed to be a really nice guy - 'Old school'.

Wow, I hadn't heard this. I grew up watching him in Porridge and Open All Hours. One of Britain's finest comedians...RIP Ron. "And it's a goodnight from him."

I lived for 12 years in Europe as a service member.....I remember him well. Rest well.

Jamdiver:
Will do and as a slight aside and no disrespect to the topic, is anyone else a fan of "Mr. Bean" with Rowan Atkinson?

I like Rowan Atkinsons humor but he isn't supposed to be so pleasant as Ronnie was. (I'm being quite polite!)

Isnt it sad - loved the 2 ronnies really was such a part of my childhood too - "Good night from him"!

Back
Top Bottom