Roll up Snorkel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hppyfam

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Snorkel question.. I know I know... Had a boat dive yesterday where the captain wanted every diver to have a snorkel. My wife and I did not as we normally don't use em even if we need to surface swim a bit. He didn't raise a stink about it but said next time we should have one in the bag just in case. We were talking about getting one that rolls up we can chuck into the bottom of our mesh bag to keep on hand in case we have that situation come up. Who uses one and can recommend something that would work to take up the least amount of space as possible.

I keep mine in the dive shops.

Did he expect you to wear it for the dive?

I keep mine in the dive shops.

Did he expect you to wear it for the dive?
Don't think so. Just asked if we had one in our bag. We have dived with the company often, and he is the first Captain to ask if we had one. Did not raise a stink about us not having one. So figured we could just grab a folding one and toss it in the bag as a "yep we got one" in case it happens again.

Mares make a nifty roll up snorkel that will fit in a dive pouch... if you need it you will at least have it with you!
Most of the other generic silicone ones will at least fold in half.
Mares roll up snorkel 2.JPG

Mares roll up snorkel.JPG

Mares make a nifty roll up snorkel that will fit in a dive pouch... if you need it you will at least have it with you!
Most of the other generic silicone ones will at least fold in half.

Oceanic and Aqualung make them as well.
Erik

I have one as well, i think i brought it with me once... When diving FFM, my aga has a gill that i can turn, so, I don't really see the benefit

Do these things get brittle or kinked if they stay rolled up for a long time? How long do they last?

Roll up snorkel from piranha dive......$10

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom