Roll Control Mounting Height

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reel Irie

Registered
Reaction score
Anyone know the recommended height to mount these? I have a 13" step up in my boat that I would like to mount the rail to. Just wondering if its high enough to securely hold the tanks.

That would put you around midway on an average tank. I would shoot for a little higher if possible, just my opinion. Probably depends on the boat size and how volatile your journeys are. We pitch, roll, and launch a bit.
Is there a way on your boat to run a tie down of some sort up on the neck of the tank in addition to the brackets? That's what I do for extra safety.

You NEED to put your BC on your tank and see where the BC tank straps line up with the roll control arms. You want to avoid interference with the cam bands and the arms. If the height is not optimum, you can add bungi cords and or a strip of star board behind and/or in front of the tank on the deck to improve stability.

I've got mine about midway on the tanks. They've never mover in four years.
Roll_Control_1.jpg

Thanks guys, I went ahead and ordered the system as I have to get some organization on my boat after the last trip. I will mount the 4 up front on the step up, then I may piggy back tanks next to it using two standard roll control brackets screwed back to back. My boat (Cape Horn 24OS) is not the ideal dive boat, but I will have to make it work. I dont want to have all the tanks and weight in the back either....

Back
Top Bottom